A team-based approach is fundamental to most modern organisations. The reliance upon teams to drive change and innovation is but one example!
Now more than ever, people need to have “Teamship Skills” which are on par with their functional/technical skill sets, however many have had little training and coaching in this important core area.
When the fundamental outcomes of team building have been achieved, the second phase of team development will accelerate your team’s journey toward peak performance.
A team development program will provide the teamship skills and operational framework for individuals and the team to reach its full potential.
Whilst every program is designed specifically to match the needs of each team, some key components of our team development programs include:
- A Process for Teamwork – The Team Wheel
- The Team Make Up – Work Style Preferences
- Working with Difference – Interpersonal Skills
- Team Balance
- Operational Framework – The Team’s Charter
Through a series of workshops the team develops its own Team Charter. Content may vary according to each team, however areas typically included are:
- What’s our role? – Team Role Statement
- What are we trying to achieve? – Team Vision/Mission Statement
- How will we treat each other? – Team Values/Supporting Behaviours
- How and with whom shall we communicate? – Communication Strategy
- How will we track our performance? – Performance Management System